Tampa Bay consumers will spend $54 billion over the next 12 months. Forbes magazine reports that it is moms who control 85% of all household purchases. Locally, there are more than 455,000 mothers with children under the age of 17 at home.
Tampa Bay small business owners need to pay special attention to these mothers and their wallets. For example, compared to the general population, over the next 12 months, local moms live in households that are
- 30% more likely to buy a new vehicle
- 61% more likely to purchase a smartphone
- 155% more likely to purchase a recreational vehicle
- 38% more likely to buy a house/condo
- 433% more likely to pay for daycare services
- 15% more likely to purchase carpet/flooring
- 20% more likely to pay for kitchen remodeling
- 33% more likely to move
- 49% more likely to get married
- 77% more likely to refinance a mortgage
There are three things these moms have in common. They are women. They have kids at home And, almost every single one of them, 93.6% to be exact, listens to Tampa radio stations each week. This is a significantly higher percentage than tune-in to local TV; reach local newspapers; or log-on to Pandora or Spotify.
All moms are valuable, of course, but it's Tampa Bay's working mothers who have the most money to spend at local businesses.
Advertising on Tampa radio stations is, clearly, the best way for local business owners to reach working moms. Almost 100% percent of all employed mothers tune-in each week.
To reach both working and stay at home mothers, no other medium comes close to advertising on Tampa radio stations.