Over 600,000 consumers in Tampa Bay now own a smart speaker. Ownership of these devices, including Amazon Echo and Google Home, has grown five-fold since the beginning of 2017.
According to Adobe Analytics, significantly more consumers are asking Siri and Alexa to play music than any other activity.
Many Tampa Bay small business owners depend on local radio to advertise their goods and service. So, how does the use of smart speakers as an audio device affect their radio advertising's ability to reach local consumers? The answer is: none at all.
A study by Edison Research finds that local AM/FM radio dominates the share of consumers' time spent using audio on a smart speaker. It's larger than Pandora, Spotify, and Amazon Music. It's even more time than users spend with their personal music collection.
Share Of Time Spent Listening To Audio On A
In Tampa Bay, millennials make-up almost one-third of the population. This generation, however, accounts for 50% of smart speaker ownership, according to Nielsen.
Among local millennials who possess an Amazon Echo or Google Home device, Tampa Bay radio is, by far, the medium with the biggest reach. This is a strong indication that smart speaker ownership does not impede the ability of local radio to deliver large, engaged audiences for small business owners.
More Advice For Tampa Small Business Owners
- How To Advertise Insurance Products In Tampa Bay
- How Do Pandora and Spotify Compare To Tampa Radio?
- Advertising In Tampa Bay: Reaching Furniture Buyers
- Advertising On Tampa Radio: 5 Facts To Know Now
- Best Way To Advertise Pizza Restaurants In Tampa Bay
- Advertise In Tampa: Capture A Larger Share Of Home Improvement Market
- Recruitment Advertising: Reach 96% Of Qualified Candidates In Tampa Bay
- How To Reach Valentine's Day Shoppers In Tampa Bay