Today, though, advertisers have an over-abundance of marketing options both over-the-air and online. But every week, according to Nielsen, 2.3 million adults listen to a Tampa Bay radio station, giving the 101-year-old medium, by far, the biggest reach amongst local consumers.
A new report released last week by Nielsen underscores AM/FM radio's durable reach among all media.
As far as the ears are concerned, Nielsen points out that "AM/FM radio is the center of the audio universe" reaching nearly twice as many adults as streaming options.
The dominance of radio's reach among other audio media options is true regardless of the listener's age.
Not all listening to Tampa Bay radio happens on car radios, table-top radios, or boom boxes. Instead, local consumers also use their smartphones, computers, and tablets as a way to connect to their favorite local stations.Neilsen finds that 29.2% of all consumers who listen to a Tampa Bay radio station over the air will, at some point during the month, also connect to a local station via the internet. As a matter of fact, during a typical hour, Nielsen data suggests that 10.9% of a station's total audience is listening on a device other than a traditional receiver.
More Advertising Advice For Tampa Bay Small Business Owners
- Advertise In Tampa Bay: Online Listening Boosts Audience For AM/FM
- Smart Speaker Usage in Tampa Bay: A Conversation With Alexa
- Advertising On Tampa TV: Where Have The Viewers Gone?
- Advertising On Tampa Bay Radio Still #1 Way to Reach Consumers
- Father's Day 2022: Tampa Bay Consumers Will Spend $203 Million
- Television Advertising In Tampa Bay: What Are Consumers Watching?
- Tampa Bay Radio Listeners Lead The Return To 'Normal'